Thursday, May 28, 2015

Thursday, still feeling Murph.

I’m still reeling from Murph on monday. No way was I going to CF tuesday, and wednesday was worse. I awoke this morning still very sore in my hips and inner thighs. Went to CF and sort of stumbled through the class. The wod was 5 rounds of 20 kettlebell swings with 53 lbs, 10 barbell lunges at 95 lb. , then 10 pushups (handstand pushups for those who could). It was really tough, mentally, to keep going. Harder than Murph. I usually don’t have to tell myself to keep going during a workout, but today I did. I wanted to stop. So I’m part of CF Masters Facebook group. Lots of people posting how well they did on Murph. I can understand that. But now a lot of discussion on whether Murph should be done by anyone. It not only is not training, it is detrimental to training (as in I missed two days of CF and stumbled through another when I could have been improving my fitness those three days), it’s survival, not training. Interesting things to think about. Ego is what drives people to injury (David and his shoulder surgery). I want to be a beast again, but how do I get there without being ego driven? How do I get there without injury? 

No comments:

Post a Comment