Monday, April 27, 2015

Monday 4/27/15

All my good intentions slept late this morning. My plans for getting to the gym a hour early for mobility work were sidelined by awaking at 4 AM from being so hot I could not stay in bed. Air conditioned at 72 degrees and a ceiling fan over me on medium and I'm sweating like crazy. I walk around the house for a while until I feel cooler. Back to bed with no sheet over me and let the fan do it's work. Awake at 9:10 AM and class is in 20 minutes (and a 15 minute road trip). 5 minutes late to class. Not fully wake. Missed some of the warm up. EDD next (every damn day). I work on my doubleunders and overhead squat. For the first time I was able to do a double under followed by a single. Progress! The overhead squat with a 10 lb bar.
Front squats are next. My previous 1RM was 185. I did 195 today. It didn't feel great however. I really wanted more mobility in my legs. If I had made the hour early mobility work, this would have been a piece of cake.
The WOD:
21-15-9
Front squat
Push press
Pull-ups

I'm in the 95 lb group. I still can't do pull-ups, so I do ring rows. My time was 14:16. Last one in my class I think. Previous class had  4 or 5 with later times. I'm the oldest, tallest, and heaviest in today's class (as usual).


Homework:
100 situps
51 pushups
Bike 6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment